Role – Contract Support
Location – Coatbridge
Salary – Up to £21,000
Job description –
Our Company Mission
To be the UK’s leading provider of Structural Flooring and Roofing Solutions to the construction industry, along with expanding our brand and products internationally, ensuring a focus on Safety, Innovation, and the Environment.
SMD & ThruDeck Services are a specialist flooring sub-contractor within the construction sector, established for over 35 years we have been involved in the construction of some of the most icon buildings in the UK and overseas. With our expanding business portfolio, we are looking for the above candidates that shares our values and will be committed to helping us achieve our long-term business goals.
To assist contract team members with all aspects of a contract, as guided by the Contracts Manager in line with the relevant procedure manuals. To gain a broad understanding of all contract team responsibilities.
Package & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- 28 Days Holiday + Bonus Days
- Option to Purchase Additional Holiday
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Staff Reward & Bonus Scheme
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Employee Social and Charity Events
- Complimentary Drinks and Fruit
- On Site Parking
- Casual Dress Code
Support the contract team members with all aspects of the contract, primarily including but not limited to that shown below:
- Booking in estimates and chasing customer for status updates.
- Completing pre-qualification information for prospective customers.
- Preparation of material schedules.
- Assisting with updates to drawings.
- Checking drawings prior to issue.
- Logging site diary information provided and collating weekly contract report for issue.
- Submitting Sub-contract enquiry forms to Logistics.
- Carry out take-offs to determine variations and work quantities completed along with checking/inputting associated time sheet information.
- Providing document control support (scanning, saving, and filing) for all team functions.
- Collating and issuing of O&M documentation.
- Attend and contribute to internal team meetings and deliver agreed actions when requested.
- Have a strong commitment and be self-motivated to develop and learn.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a small team.
- Ability to filter information and prioritise tasks.
- Sufficient drive to seek work on own initiative and ask for help where needed.
Core Qualities and Attributes
- Confident communicator.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people.
- Organisational and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to collate and interpret data.
- A “can-do” proactive approach to problem solving.
Qualifications & Experience
- English and Maths GSCE grade C and above or equivalent.
- Competent with Microsoft Office 365 suite (particularly Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Ability to use the company Office Management Software system/s (Connect).
If you feel that you’ve got what it takes to support SMD in delivering our long-term objectives, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the ‘Apply’ link and email your CV.