Location – Coatbridge
Salary – Up to £30,000
Our Company Mission
To be the UK’s leading provider of Structural Flooring and Roofing Solutions to the construction industry, along with expanding our brand and products internationally, ensuring a focus on Safety, Innovation, and the Environment.
SMD & ThruDeck Services are a specialist floor and roofing sub-contractor within the construction sector, established for over 30 years we have been involved in some of the most icon buildings in the UK and overseas. With our expanding business portfolio, we are looking for the below candidate that shares our values and is committed to helping us achieve our long-term business goals.
To take responsibility for the delivery of all commercial aspects of a contract in line with the relevant procedure manuals along with supporting other team members with the successful delivery of all contracts assigned to your team.
Package & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- 28 Days Holiday + Bonus Days
- Option to Purchase Additional Holiday
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Staff Reward & Bonus Scheme
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Employee Social and Charity Events
- Complimentary Drinks and Fruit
- On Site Parking
- Casual Dress Code
- Responsible for the successful outcome of all commercial aspects relating to contracts in your team.
- Understand the commercial aspects contained in both the customer order and our estimate and communicate this within the team as necessary.
- Manage all commercial disputes or queries pro-actively with customers to ensure timely close out of final account.
- Assist the commercial manager when requested.
- Attend any customer meetings deemed necessary by the contracts manager.
- Attend and contribute to internal monthly operational meeting and deliver agreed actions.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of any changes in commercial law provided by the Commercial manager.
- Attend weekly debtor meetings and deliver agreed actions.
- Assist with the procurement of goods and services required to execute contracts in your team.
- Maintain all commercial data input required in Connect.
Core Qualities & Attributes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people.
- Confident communicator, with ability to communicate with various stakeholders- both internally and externally.
- Organisational and time management skills, with ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to collate and interpret data.
- A “can-do” proactive approach to problem solving.
Qualifications & Experience
- 2 years of experience in a commercial job role.
- Competent with AutoCAD software.
- Must be competent with Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Particularly Outlook, Word, Excel).
- English and Maths GSCE grade C and above or equivalent.
If you feel that you have got what it takes to support SMD in delivering our long-term objectives, we would love to hear from you. please apply by following the ‘Apply’ link and email your CV and cover letter as to why you are suitable for this role.